Milwaukee, Wis. (July 22, 2015) — Zebcraft, Gar Wood, Chris Craft, Century, Ventnor, Streblow. These brand names may not mean much to lovers of land-based vehicles but to watersports aficionados, these represent the elegance and beauty of a bygone era in boating.
For the first time in its 11th year history, The Milwaukee Masterpiece Concours d’ Elegance will include an exhibition class (not to be judged) of beautiful boats on Sunday, Aug. 23, 2015, in Veterans Park on Milwaukee’s lakefront.
“Thanks to the Glacier Lakes Chapter of The Antique and Classic Boat Society, Inc., we will be celebrating a first for the Masterpiece,” said Leon Flagg, chairman – The Masterpiece Ltd. “We’re in a perfect setting – adjacent to Lake Michigan – to host a display of some amazing boats, many constructed of wood or fiberglass.
The entries include:
- 1920 Zebcraft Gold Cup Racer One-Step hydroplane owned by Peter Harken of Pewaukee, Wis.
- 1935 Gar Wood Speedster owned by David Buckley of Delafield, Wis.
- 1940 Chris Craft Sportsman owned by Wil and Mary Vidal of Pewaukee, Wis.
- 1955 Century Palomino Roundabout owned by Richard Lepping of Madison, Wis.
- 1958 Streblow Rebel, owned by Eric and Kathy Moberg of Johnsburg, Ill.
- 1939 Century Deluxe Sedan owned by Paul Mason and Timothy Mason of Green Bay, Wis.
- 1947 Ventnor Sport Runabout owned by Larry and Kathy Lange, Lange Custom Woodworking, Inc., Lake Geneva, Wis.
- 1947 Chris Craft Rocket owned by Perry and Jill Edwards of Muskego, Wis.
- 1948 Century SeaMaid “Rosalia” owned by Brian and Lisa Kramer of Pewaukee, Wis.
- 1959 Dalcraft 400 Saucer boat owned by Bill and Nancy Anderson, Bill’s Cars and Boats, Hudson, Wis.
- 1959 South Seas Samoan owned by Bill and Nancy Anderson, Hudson, Wis.
- 2015 Glen L Torpedo owned by Richard and Roberta Hegy of East Troy, Wis.
The trailered boats will be on the showfield along with more than 160 stunning classic and vintage vehicles from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Sunday, Aug. 23, 2015, during the 11th annual Milwaukee Masterpiece Concours d’Elegance.
About the Milwaukee Masterpiece, presented by The Private Client Reserve of U.S. Bank
The Milwaukee Masterpiece, presented by The Private Client Reserve of U.S. Bank: It’s more than a car show.
On the surface, The Milwaukee Masterpiece, presented by The Private Client Reserve of U.S. Bank, appears to be a car show, a stunning one at that as Veterans Park is filled for two days on an August weekend with many unique marques and collector favorites.
But look a bit deeper and you’ll discover that The Milwaukee Masterpiece event includes a variety of facets that collectively define the Masterpiece as a comprehensive event.
Each facet is unique and would be successful on its own; together they comprise and deliver the full Milwaukee Masterpiece experience. Those facets, each distinctive, include:
- The Milwaukee Masterpiece Concours d’ Elegance.
- Club Saturday at the M, a casual car show.
- The Masterpiece Marketplace.
- The Style & Speed Social.
- Food and beverage.
- Masterpiece memorabilia.
Tickets for all Milwaukee Masterpiece events, Aug. 22 – 23, 2015, may be purchased in advance online.
The Masterpiece Ltd., a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, hosts the annual Milwaukee Masterpiece Concours d’Elegance; Club Saturday at the M, a casual car show; and the Style & Speed Social, a social event on the evening preceding Sunday’s Concours d’ Elegance.
Proceeds from the weekend events will benefit the Masterpiece’s three designated charities – Autism Society of Southeast Wisconsin, Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Milwaukee and Meta House. In 2014 The Masterpiece Ltd. distributed more than $37,000 to the three organizations. Since its inception, more than $187,000 has been distributed to charitable organizations.