Milwaukee, Wis., (July 19, 2014) Beware the ponies when you approach the show grounds of The Milwaukee Masterpiece this year.
A collection of Mustangs with outstanding representatives from the 1960s to today will be corralled for the Concours d’Elegance competition, Sunday, Aug. 24, 2014.
The 2014 Mustang Class, which commemorates the 50th anniversary of Ford Motor Company’s introduction of the Mustang includes:
- 1965 Shelby Mustang GT-350. Number 558 out of the 562 built, this V8, 289 cu.in. model is owned by racing legend Bobby Rahal and Don Hoevel of Fox Lake, Ill.
- 1966 Ford Mustang Convertible V8, 289 cu.in. owned by Anthony DiTusa of Westchester, Ill.
- 1966 Ford T-5 GT Convertible Export Edition K-Code HiPo V8, 289 cu.in. How do you say Mustang in German? The success of Mustang prompted export sales. In Germany, the Mustang name was held by another firm. Ford changed the name of cars exported to Germany to T-5, the name that was originally given to the Mustang development project. T-5s were built with heavy-duty suspension to accommodate driving conditions in Europe. The makeover was performed at the factory or at Ford’s export facility at Newark, N.J. This unique vehicle is owned by Chris Wold of Edgerton, Wis.
- 1968 Ford Mustang GT Fastback V8 390 cu.in. owned by Ron and Ginger Schottler of Cedarburg, Wis.
- 1970 Ford Mustang Boss 429 Fastback Boss 429 V8, 429 cu.in. owned by Gary Schmidt of Neosho, Wis.
- 2007 Ford Mustang Shelby GT 3 valve overhead cam V8 owned by Chris Mulvhill of Chicago, Ill.
Collections of Pontiac GTOs and Excaliburs will also be on display and competing for awards as these marques also celebrate their 50th anniversaries.
We also hope to see a large turnout of Mustangs from the introductory model to the present for Club Saturday At The M, on Aug. 23 at Veterans Park. Mustang owners are encouraged to register to show their Mustang on Saturday.
Registration deadline: Aug. 1, 2014.
The Milwaukee Masterpiece is celebrating its 10th anniversary in 2014. The Milwaukee Masterpiece will feature different collections on each day of the weekend-long event, Aug. 23 – 24, at Veterans Park on Milwaukee’s lakefront. The public is invited.
- Club Saturday At The M, Aug. 23 – A gathering of local and regional car club members who display their favored marques. Club Day will begin with a Parade of vehicles from the Harley-Davidson Museum to the show grounds on Aug. 23.
- The Style & Speed Social, Aug. 23 – A social event in which Milwaukee Masterpiece participants and guests enjoy an evening of food, beverage and camaraderie in a unique setting. The event runs from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- The Masterpiece Concours d’Elegance, Aug. 24 – More than 250 stunning vehicles selected by the concours committee take over the show grounds to compete for senior awards including Best of Show, Chairman’s Cup and Chief Judge’s Cup as well as first-in-class distinction.
The Masterpiece Ltd. is organized and operated exclusively to support other public charities including but not limited to those operating in southeastern Wisconsin which provide medical and social service care and relief to underprivileged children and families through various motor vehicle-related fundraising events.